**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
This colorful, insightful story, demystifies for children what it means to be green by helping them to view everyday tasks through an environmentally-friendly lens. The book empowers children to do whatever they can to protect the earth’s precious resources. Don’t be surprised if they start coming up with suggestions of their own for you!
- Content available in Read Aloud format with professionally recorded narration
- Read Aloud includes word highlighting in sync with the voice narration. This serves as spelling and pronunciation aids for little kids
- Text content is searchable via Little Pickle Press
Little Pickle Press is dedicated to helping parents and educators cultivate conscious, responsible little people by stimulating explorations of the meaningful topics of their generation through a variety of media, technologies, and techniques.
Something To Do:
Many children are learning a lot about the value of recycling while they’re in school and during the school year you can help your children continue to learn about recycling while they’re having fun:
- School folders. One easy task that will help them prepare for the next school year – help them reorganize their school folders, then recycle the paper and reuse the folders. See the Get Organized article “Keep the Gems…” for a step-by-step process you can use with your child.
- Tie dye project. Tie-dye t-shirts to reuse the shirts or donate to charity. Go to Kinder Art for instructions suitable for ages 4 and up.
- Arts-and-crafts. Plan arts-and-crafts projects that use recycled materials or focus on other sustainability practices. Visit Kaboose and Crafts for Children for lots of ideas suitable for different ages.
Think that’s “just a cardboard box?” Think again! Here’s some great kid-friendly crafts to turn a cardboard box into a boxful of FUN.
Crazy Cute DIY CardBoard Castle from The Busy Budgeting Mama
Over-the-Top AMAZING Cardboard Mermaid Costume from The Cardboard Collective