**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
Welcome to Weekend Links!
So far this month has been jam-packed with insightful education, booklists, outdoor activities and cool nature resources for kids and parents interested in raising global citizens. I would like to share them this weekend as my Weekend Links Round-up. Enjoy!
Check out my guest post at Kid Lit Celebrates Women’s History Month; The Mother of Trees Wangari Maathai -so honored to be included!
This was shared by one of our dedicated readers Donna Marie and the it’s from the author of the Secret Garden’s house. Bookish Illuminations; Entering The Secret Garden at Great Maytham Hall. It’s fantastic!!
How to Find Children’s Books in Spanish in One Easy Step from Spanish Playground
5 Amazing Multicultural Novels in Verse and the Kid Lit Blog via PragmaticMom
10 Simple Ways Kids Can Celebrate Earth Day-via Multicultural Kids Blogs
We Need Diverse Books Tells AWP 2015: Write Diverse Books That Sell via Publishers Weekly
Reading: It’s good for their health. Harper Collins Children’s Books
Grab it before it’s GONE! My Free Curious George Gets a Medal Rocketship Craft and Activity!
Get Out in to the Garden! Have you missed the last few Secret Garden Wednesdays? These are too much fun not to read!
- Secret Garden Wednesday: Building a Bee Watering Hole
- Secret Garden Wednesday: Robin Cake
- Secret Garden Wednesday: Studying the Class of Hunger
- Secret Garden Wednesday: Planting Time
- Secret Garden Wednesday: Book-Inspired FUN
- Secret Garden Wednesday: Perfectly Good Porridge
- Secret Garden Wednesday: Garden in a Jar
- Secret Garden Wednesday: Sticky Toffee Pudding
If you are in the mood for another and inactive story, check out the enhanced digital eBook for kids, The Ultimate Guide to Charlie and The Chocolate Factory!
The Ultimate Guide To Charlie And The Chocolate Factory is a step by step roadmap to this magical world. Just some of the fun includes:
- A story filled with beautiful graphic illustrations including tantalizing Treasure Maps and vibrant tutorials.
- Over 20 Crafts and activities that not only entertain, but educate.
- You get to jump inside the book and enjoy creating the adventures yourself (Templates, maps, and more are included.)
- Ever wonder where chocolate comes from? Or how gum is made? Wonder no more. Now you get to make your own.
- Conduct activities in the areas of crafting, cooking, and game-playing as well as exploring many facets of candy production.
- The option to take Charlie’s journey over the course of several days or take shorter journeys if you wish.
- The creation of a new ritual of reading time with your family and the opportunity to experience the reading of this imaginative tale as a group activity, not a solitary event.
Go HERE to learn more and grab your copy from iBooks!