**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
Our 2015 event was wildly successful and thanks to 9 co-hosts and 2 Co-founders, the event generated 26 million social media shares over a span of 7 days during the Multicultural Children’s Book Day celebration. In 2016, we expect far more of a reach, response and success… and here’s why:
• For MCCBD 2016, we have a very special Classroom Reading Challenge planned that will target and engaged 200 classrooms in reading diverse books. (more details to come!)
• We are adding more Co-Hosts who will bring with them a significantly enhanced social media reach.
• We have hired Susan Raab of Raab Associates to do our PR for six weeks leading up to January 27th, Multicultural Children’s Book Day
With the 2015 event, we had 175+ blogs participating and each blogger was matched with an author or publisher. These bloggers received a multicultural children’s book to review on their blog. They day of the event (1/27/2015) everyone linked up their blog post on a Linky on the MCCBD site to create a giant reading resource for parents, teachers and librarians.
We expect the number of participating review bloggers to grow this year. We can’t predict and exact number, but we won’t be surprised if we get 300 to 400 bloggers this year! Not sure how it all works? Go HERE and get the scoop.
Please note-Our Author Sponsorships are a very affordable $65 and sign-up is as simple as going HERE and choosing the Author Sponsor option. Again, it’s a very effective way for author’s to get recognition and raise awareness for their diverse children’s books.
Please direct questions and inquires to Project Manager Becky Flansburg at Becky@AudreyPress.com
That being said, we are excited to announce that the sign-up for review bloggers for MCCBD 2016 is OPEN!
***Review Bloggers-Sign up below! (Sign-up is open until December 31, 2015. There are no guarantees everyone will be matched with a book donator)
- Our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MulticulturalChildrensBookDay
- -Our Twitter https://twitter.com/MCChildsBookDay
- -Our hashtag #ReadYourWorld.