**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
Hello reading friends! As you know I am a huge fan of the classics and have been sharing that love here at Jump into a Book in my reoccurring series #ReadKidsClassics. This year, I’d like to discover, and even re-discover, even more classics and I thought it might be fun if I delved into a favorite classic every month starting March 1.
Every month during our Read Kids Classic Challenge we are going to present one classic that we can’t live without. We’d like you to join as well and you can do so by following the hashtag #ReadKidsClassics. This month, I choose the children’s classic tale; Heidi.
Out of all the book adventures my family has done, this is the book we have jumped into the most. Not only is it one of the most frequented jumps, but it holds a place in my heart because it is the first book jump for my little family. It is the book that has connected several generations.
Set in the beautiful Alpine mountains of Switzerland, sporting stunning views, cows, goats, and some incredibly nurturing food. From the comfort of our chalet, we’ll start our Heidi adventures off with some really good food from Switzerland.
Here are some fun and interactive ways to bring this children’s classic to life:
Let’s explore food and cooking ideas inspired by Heidi. Included in today’s menu are:Download Great Swiss Foods from Heidi
Traditional cheese and meat fondues
Swiss Chocolate Croissants
Fun Heidi-inspired activities
The Alpine Sing-a-long Songbook
This little songbook is full of fun alpine sing alongs and a couple of yodels too.
My daughters and friends could not have a Heidi Day without a fabric wrapped headband, and neither can you.
To ensure those big, mountain steeps don’t find you off your footing, we’ve provided a little guide for finding the right walking stick.
Remember Heidi’s friend Clara? Why not make something for Heidi’s best friend in this great relay race called Something For Clara? We have saved the best for last and that would be Hul Gul. Enjoy your day of Alpine games.
What makes Heidi one of your favorite children’s classics?
**Some of these links are affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may get a very small commission. This money goes towards postage and supplies to keep books and ideas in the hands of young readers!
If you are in the mood for another and interactive story based on a children’s classic, check out the enhanced digital eBook for kids, The Ultimate Guide to Charlie and The Chocolate Factory!
The Ultimate Guide To Charlie And The Chocolate Factory is a step by step roadmap to this magical world. Just some of the fun includes:
- A story filled with beautiful graphic illustrations including tantalizing Treasure Maps and vibrant tutorials.
- Over 20 Crafts and activities that not only entertain, but educate.
- You get to jump inside the book and enjoy creating the adventures yourself (Templates, maps, and more are included.)
- Ever wonder where chocolate comes from? Or how gum is made? Wonder no more. Now you get to make your own.
- Conduct activities in the areas of crafting, cooking, and game-playing as well as exploring many facets of candy production.
- The option to take Charlie’s journey over the course of several days or take shorter journeys if you wish.
- The creation of a new ritual of reading time with your family and the opportunity to experience the reading of this imaginative tale as a group activity, not a solitary event.
Go HERE to learn more and grab your copy from iBooks!