**The posts I write might contain affiliate links or be written in collaboration with businesses or brands. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.**
Harry Potter Back to School Hogwarts Kit
Today is the day! September 1st is the day that young witches and wizards all over the U.K. head to King’s Cross Station, walk through the barrier onto Platform 9 3/4, jump on the Hogwarts Express and leave for Hogwarts!
All over the online world, Harry Potter fans will be converging to celebrate this monumental day with trivia, parties and giveaways using the hashtag #backtohogwarts. Last year even J.K. Rowlings herself joined in on the fun and there was even a stern message on Twitter from Professor Snape forbidding flying cars.
In the spirit of Harry Potter lore, fun and fantasy I started thinking about not only how my family could celebrate this day, but what a back-to-school kit for Hogwarts students would actually look like. Here’s what I came up with:
HOGWARTS Back to School Kit (first year students)
- Uniform-3 standard black cloaks for everyday wear
- Two charmable ties and one winter scarf in house colors
- Productivity Timing Hourglass
- Hogwarts Glossary of Terms
- A Divination Weekly Planner
- Hippogriff Quill
- Marauder’s Map
- Map of Diagon Alley
- Hogwarts Book Bag
- A Quiddich Broomstick
- Chocolate (Chocolate is the perfect antidote for anyone who has been overcome in the presence of Dementors)
- 1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
- 1 set of glass or crystal phials
- 1 telescope
- 1 set of brass scales
Books (Source-Harry Potter Wikia.com)
- The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk
- A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
- Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
- A Beginner’s Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
- One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
- Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
- The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble
Owl, a Cat or a Toad Care Items
- A suitable cage
- Past issues of The Daily Prophet, Sunday Prophet or The Quibbler to line cages
- Mice or flies for food.
- Water recepticle
Something To Do
Make your own Potion! Snape’s Magic Potion Printable Activity
Learn now to make Harry Potter’s Potions Class Experiments at Imagination Soup
Make your own Sorting Hat!
Here’s an infographic that links Hogwarts classes to their potential real life equivalents.
Harry Potter DIY Wand Crafts at DoodleCraftBlog
And while your at it, learn a little more about Dragons and how they are not only among us, but simply not as fierce as everyone thinks! My newest book, Dragons are Real is available and the excitement is almost blowing the roof off at Jump Into a Book/Audrey Press headquarters!
SO…what if I told you that all of the fairy tales, myths and legends that have been told about dragons over the years are WRONG. What if I told you that Dragons are indeed Real and that they are different than you’ve ever imagined?
This fairly true story is based on the author’s childhood friendship with a REAL live Dragon; a very special Dragon that she and her brother spent two magical summers with.
As readers turn the pages and learn the truth about Dragons, they will see that the fiercest beasts in known history can actually be the best of friends. It’s a lesson in finding companionship in the most unusual of places. Dragons are Real is a magical book filled with stunning illustrations and hints that dragon are indeed all around us 🙂
Dragons are Real is now available for purchase on both Amazon and Gumroad! We are also offering a special free bonus gift of a Dragons Are Real Inspiration Activity Guide when you purchase your copy of this enchanting picture book.