Hello and Welcome!
Jump into a Book is a site about the love of children’s books and how they can incorporate them into our everyday lives through play, crafting, cooking, movies, games, traveling and author visits. At JIAB, we strive to pull books off shelves and stories off pages to create reading experiences for families.
Amazon and iTunes best-selling author and founder of Audrey Press, Valarie Budayr is a play and reading advocate whose mission is to inspire children, families, and communities to experience and create a world together through books while having fun. She is passionate about making children’s books come alive on her website Jump into a Book so that kids of all ages can experience the stories in new and exciting ways. Author of The Fox Diaries: The Year the Foxes Came to our Garden, The Ultimate Guide To Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, A Year in the Secret Garden and the award winning Dragons Are Real, Valarie is passionate about making kid’s books come alive and encouraging families to pull books off of shelves and stories off of pages. As co-founder of Multicultural Children’s Book Day, Valarie is also committed to raising awareness for children’s books that celebrate diversity and multicultural characters and is also working to get more of these of books into classrooms and libraries.
Visit my Booklist Page to discover amazing books to add to your classroom or home bookshelf.
Twitter: 12, 687 Followers
Facebook: Over 2,800 Likes
Instagram: 888 Followers
For book review/submission inquiries, contact Becky the project manager (see below).
Becky Flansburg is Jump Into a Book’s resident “Head Elf” along with being the content manager and project manager. Becky was also the project manager for Multicultural Children’s Book Day and admits she “loves every second of it.” Becky has been a writer and blogger for over 9 years and is also a full-time virtual assistant. Becky also welcomes and handles JIAB’s media inquiries, requests for book reviews, guest post inquiries, and advertising inquiries. If you would like Jump Into a Book to review your book, send an email to Becky@AudreyPress.com with the subject line of Book Review Inquiry included. For book reviews, due to JIAB’s busy schedule and full editorial calendar, please allow 1-2 weeks for us to review your information and get back to you.
As Maryville native and a senior in college at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Hannah Rials began writing her first novel, Ascension, at age twelve. Her first YA novel Ascension is a modern day teenage romance filled with “double-blooded” vampires and revenge-seeking witches. Published by Aletha Press of Maryville, TN is the second book in the trilogy, Clandestine, was written and editing while she was a full-time college student. After graduating from University of Tennessee at Chattanooga with a BA in Creative Writing, she will be attending college at Bath Spa University’s MA (England): Creative Writing for Young People; a yearlong master’s degree. Hannah is a vampire fanatic, a New Orleans lover, and a dog obsessor. She loves her friends, family, and finding new adventures. To keep up with Hannah, you can find plenty of pictures of her corgi Buddy and her travels on Instagram @herials because who doesn’t love a cute corgi picture? Connect with Hannah on Facebook, Twitter and via her website.
“I feel like I am living proof that dreams do come true.”– Hannah Rials
Reduce the Chaos. Connect with her:
FaceBook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+.
Our Commitment and Focus at Jump Into A Book
A Note from founder Valarie Budayr:
I write about the importance of collaborative play. When we weave play into the fabric of our everyday life, we open the door to transforming our relationships, our view points and perspectives on creating happiness, and the joy of innovating with our children.
I write about experiencing and journey taken through the pages of our favorite children’s books. Through the process of experiencing and sharing our stories, our books and shared moments become a part of us, leading to creativity and collaborative problem-solving.
I write about taking books off the shelf, and stories off the pages.
I write about giving back whether through giveaways, book donations, Reading Is Fundamental, or through book charities such as Room to Read.
Welcome to the wonderful world of jumping into books.
This site is a place for us to share our book-loving moments and adventures. I’m so glad you’ve decided to drop by and spend some time with us here. I read all of your comments and enjoy them so much. If you have a specific question about an activity please email me directly so that it won’t get missed. I’m glad you’re here.
We have an incredible Facebook Fan Page, where families and friends who love to jump into books meet to discuss our favorite books, suggest books to read, offer great reading advice for children and enjoy celebrating special books with book adventures. Please be sure to “Like” us so you won’t miss a moment of fun. You can connect with me on Twitter Google+ and Pinterest as well. Thanks so much for stopping by. Read on!
JUMP INTO A BOOK RULES AND GUIDELINES
Disclaimers for all Giveaways and Sweepstakes:
- *Must be 18 years or older to enter
- *One entry per household.
- *Staff and family members of Audrey Press are not eligible.
- *Grand Prize winner has 48 hours to claim the prize
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Winners were chosen using Random.org or Rafflecopter. All decisions are final.
- Entries that do not follow the stated rules and/or are received after the closing date and time are not considered.
- Void where prohibited.
- Taxes on the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- Potential Winners will be notified by e-mail. Potential winners will be given 48 hours from the time Sponsor or host sends an e-mail notice to respond and claim a prize. If Sponsor or host is unable to contact a potential winner or if a potential winner does not respond within 48 hours, the prize will be forfeited and another potential winner will be selected at random.
- If Grand Prize winner is outside of the US and Canada, they will be given a Gift card to use to redeem their prize.
- By their submission of an entry, participants warrant they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission, either on their own behalf or as to information submitted upon the express authorization of another on whose behalf the information is submitted. In the event of a dispute as to the winner’s identity, entries will be deemed made by the holder of the email account associated with the entry.
- HOW TO ENTER: Enter your information directly into the entry form located on the online sweepstakes. One entry per person; Use of automated devices or methods of submission are not valid forms of entry.
- Entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded.
- Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or Giveaway host, whose decisions on all matters related to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding and within their sole discretion
- RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsors and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind, (including the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Sweepstakes prize, and/or participation in a Sweepstakes prize-related activity, including any action, claim or liability arising from the unauthorized submission of any information. By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsors the right to use, publish, and display a winner’s (and where applicable a participant’s) name, city and state, and prize awarded, for the purpose of advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law.
- Sponsor or Host reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend any portion of the Promotion for any reason, including should any cause corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion and, in the event of termination, to determine the winner(s) for the question(s) at issue from among all eligible tweets and/or entries received up to such time for the applicable question(s) using the winner determination procedure outlined above.